The issue of clothing order worries perfectionists and everyone who values home cosiness and comfort. A modern solution is a bespoke dressing room with immense possibilities in terms of functionality and design, made to order, taking into account individual preferences.
A dressing room is a space in an apartment or house specifically for storing clothes and shoes, accessories and household items in one room. This single rack-type structure consists of ergonomically located shelves, drawers, racks, and functional elements. Here, you will feel comfortable selecting evening looks and changing clothes – install a full-length mirror. The dressing room can be compact, for example, placed in a niche, hidden, or zoned room – it all depends on your desires and the room’s characteristics.
Finding a separate room for storing clothes and shoes is not as difficult. In a city apartment, a pantry or closet is suitable for this. You can order a bespoke dressing room in a non-standard room and arrange it in a niche. You should pay attention to lighting and ventilation. There are usually no windows in such rooms, so to quickly find the right thing, it is necessary to provide uniform and bright lighting. More than one lamp is needed, so installing bulbs in several places is better. A ventilation system should be installed in the dressing room To prevent furniture and clothing from becoming infected with fungus, mould, and a musty smell. Depending on the room’s parameters, this may be a transom or a ventilation shaft.
A closet for storing clothes and other things is present in every house. A bespoke dressing room is the best option for furnishing an apartment. You can store all your clothes and other items in it. Thanks to the presence of a bespoke dressing room, you can altogether remove from sight all the clothes that previously had nowhere to hide. But finding the perfect place for a bespoke dressing room can be difficult. It will be accessible in a large apartment or a private house. In a small apartment, the best place for a bespoke dressing room:
- living room;
Depending on personal preferences, you can choose the dressing room that will perfectly fit into the interior and fulfil its primary role.
A modern bespoke dressing room is available in any of the styles:
- Scandinavian, etc.
Design ideas are varied:
- A hidden or open wardrobe system
- Straight fronts without handles or glass
- Glossy surfaces
- Natural wood trim with visible texture
There are also numerous decorative options: inserts made of brass or luxury textiles, stained glass, or stone.
Useful rules for planning a bespoke dressing room:
- Place everyday items at arm’s length.
- Place sections for storing children’s things according to their height.
- Complete an ample space with a functional island in the centre of the room.
- Consider a lighting and mirror system if you plan to change clothes in the dressing room. The light should be so bright that you can distinguish a dark blue item from a black one. You can install one built-in mobile mirror in the room to easily see the bow from all sides.
- Divide the wardrobe into men’s, women’s, and children’s areas if necessary.
- Add functional furniture and accessories to your dressing room layout: a pouffe, sofa, couch, and mini-staircase to help you reach the mezzanine.
- Compartments for storing shoes are most appropriate in the lower part of the dressing room, and for bedding and suitcases – in the upper part.
- Expand the functionality of swing doors with holders for ties, belts, etc.
The bespoke dressing room is often organised behind sliding doors with many finishing options. This can be durable glass with mirroring, tinting, or matte effects. Plenty of design ideas are available for doors made of chipboard, MDF, or solid wood: gloss, varnish, brushing, and aged surface.
With the help of professionals, choosing a bespoke dressing room for storing clothes is not difficult. They will give sound advice on selection or, at the client’s request, will produce a new model. Special attention is needed to:
Only high-quality materials and parts are used to produce bespoke dressing rooms. It is easy for professional craftsmen to make a wardrobe. The main thing is first to choose a place, take measurements, and think over the location of the shelves. In any case, you should call a professional master for measures. It will help to choose the ideal place and design for the bespoke dressing room. Compartment wardrobes are an excellent solution for apartments and houses. You can make a bespoke dressing room with enough space, allocating a place for the guests’ clothes. This speaks of the care and respect of the homeowners for their guests. Also, remember the mirror, which will allow you to put yourself in order before leaving the house. For women, such a bespoke dressing room will become a favourite place to apply makeup. Adding exciting patterns to the mirror will make the product look even more attractive.