With everything getting smarter these days, why shouldn’t bulbs too? You do not have to switch off the light bulb and run to the bed before it gets dark anymore. Just say “Alexa, switch off the lights” while laying on your couch comfortably and voila, it’s done. This is all because of the wi-fi enabled LED lights called Smart bulbs.
The Sengled Smart Bulbs can connect to other devices through Internet Connectivity and have a hands-free control capability. To pair the smart bulbs to other smart devices, we need an intermediary. There are specific devices designed especially for this purpose, known as Hubs.
What is the Hub?
A hub is like a digital connection provider that links smart devices. It sends out signals to each device and makes them act according to your commands. Though the Hub does not connect directly to the device or have any control over them, it lets you regulate your appliances in a specific style. Before purchasing a hub, make sure all your smart devices are compatible with it, and then you are good to go.
Most of the hubs use the ZigBee language. It is a mesh network for low ranges that can be used to gain wireless control in wi-fi enables devices. The Sengled smart bulbs are compatible with such ZigBee Chip Integrated hubs. For example, Amazon Echo Plus, SmartThings hub, etc.
Note that the latest Sengled Smart Bulbs can also be operated through the Sengled Home App, which is free. You will also receive notification updates on your smartphones, which eliminates the need for a Hub for wireless control.
What is Required to Use a Sengled Smart Bulb?
In case you end up buying old designs of Sengled Smart Bulbs, then you need:
- A 2.4 GHz wi-fi network connection.
- A ZigBee compatible hub.
If you buy the latest version: –
- A 2.4 GHz wi-fi network connection.
- Download and Install the Sengled Home app on your smartphone or tablet. It is available on the PC, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Are Sengled Bulbs compatible with other Hubs?
Following is the list of Hubs that you can buy without a thought for making your Smart devices even smarter:
Amazon Echo Plus: As the Amazon Echo Hub uses the ZigBee protocol language, and most devices understand this language, you can use this Hub for almost any of your smart devices. The additional benefit of Alexa will keep you entertained, along with making things simpler for you.
- Premium sound - Echo delivers clear highs, dynamic mids, and deep bass for rich, detailed sound that automatically adapts to any room.
- Voice control your entertainment - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more. Plus listen to radio stations, podcasts, and Audible audiobooks.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Smart home made simple - With the built-in hub, easily set up compatible Zigbee devices or select Ring Smart Lighting solar lights and bulbs to voice control lights, locks, and sensors.
- Fill your home with sound - With multi-room music, play synchronized music across Echo devices in different rooms. Or pair your Echo with compatible Fire TV devices to feel scenes come to life with home theater audio.
Wink Smart home hub: This Hub uses various languages to connect to devices (other than ZigBee). So, if all your smart devices do not respond to ZigBee, then Wink Smart Home hub is made for you.
- VOICE CONTROL: Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (devices sold separately)
- CONNECT ALL YOUR SMART DEVICES: Easily connect and manage your smart home ecosystem with Wink Hub 2. Compatible with all major smart home categories, including cameras & doorbells, lighting & locks, thermostats, sensors & alarms, appliances, speakers and more.
- ONE SIMPLE APP: Control all your home’s smart devices, no matter where you may be, using the Wink app on your smartphone. Set up shortcuts that let you turn off all your home’s lights with a single tap or automatically turns up the thermostat when the front door is unlocked.
- ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY: Wink Hub 2 enables you to connect and control 400+ smart home devices, including those made by Nest, Philips, Ring, Ecobee, Go Control, Schlage, Sonos, Arlo, Yale and Chamberlain.
- THE LARGEST PROTOCOL SUPPORT: Wink Hub 2 supports Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Kidde, and Lutron Clear Connect. Works with more smart home protocols than any other platform.
Samsung SmartThings hub: The best Hub in the aspect of versatility.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there’s unexpected activity in your home. Material: Plastic. Range (feet) - 50-130 feet
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided on boarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
The Almond 3: If you live in a huge house and you need a hub with a massive range, then go for Almond 3. It has got a range to cover 1500 square feet plus expandable.
- EASY SETUP: Ridiculously easy to set it up in minutes using the Touchscreen Wizard; NO PC/Mac/CD needed for Setup or Management
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Almond 3 covers 1,300 sq. Ft. Add extra Almond 3 units to create a network for total home Wi-Fi coverage
- SPEED and RELIABILITY: Smart Home Wi-Fi System covers your entire home with Ultra Fast and reliable Wi-Fi.
- INTEGRATED SUPPORT for Phillips Hue, Nest and Amazon Echo. UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE with almost all the ISP's modem/router (Comcast, Verizon, TimeWarner etc.). Security - WEP, WPA, WPA2
- SMART HOME FUNCTIONALITY: Almond 3 doubles as a hub to transform your house into a Smart Home. REMOTELY ACCESS and CONTROL connected sensors using the free Almond iOS and Android apps
How to connect the Smart Bulb to Segnled Element Hub?
First, connect your Sengled Hub to your home network then install the bulb. Find the steps to connect the Hub below:
- Download the Sengled Home app on your smartphone. The Sengled Home Skill can also be added to Alexafor voice command of the devices.
- In the app, you will see an “Add Device” option, which is used to connect the Hub to the app.
- Select the Hub on the app and plug it in.
- Now the router and Hub must be connected to the Ethernet cable. Wait for around 30 seconds.
- Then click the “NEXT” option, and the app will start searching for the Hub.
- Make sure that the Sengled Element Hub is connected to the same wi-fi signal as your smartphone.
- As the power and cable lights start flickering, click “NEXT,” select the router and enter the wi-fi password.
- After it is connected, you can give a pretty name to your Hub.
- You are all done.
How to connect a Sengled Bulb to Sengled Element Hub?
Note that a single Sengled Element Hub can connect to a total of 64 Sengled Element Bulbs.
- Turn the power off and fit the Sengled Bulb into the socket.
- Then turn on the light fixture.
- Open the Sengled Home App, head to Devices, and click the “+” button. Follow the instructions, and the app will walk you through the procedure of adding a smart bulb.
- After the installing process is completed, you can operate the bulb smoothly with the Sengled Home app.
How to connect Sengled Element Hub to Alexa?
Here is the coolest part. Connecting the Alexa to the Hub will enable the voice command system and will allow vocal control over your smart devices.
- Download and install the Amazon Alexa app on the smartphone.
- Head over to the “Skills” option within the app and choose the “Your Skills” tab.
- Now search for “Sengled Home” and choose the Sengled Home skill.
- Enable the Skill in the Alexa app.
- Enter your Sengled account information on the app and allow the app to access this information.
Sengled LED smart Bulb Options Available
Sengled Element Classic and Color Plus
The Element Classic gives a white light, and the Color plus have access to 16 million different colors. Both can fit A19 and BR30 light sockets.
- Soft White 2700K & Daylight 5000K - Sengled A19 LED light bulb has soft white and daylight LED light for your chioce. Simply switch the soft white (2700K) to daylight (5000K) by double-clicking the switch. (NOTE: NO SMART CONTROL ABILITY)
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - Sengled A19 LED light bulbs, energy efficient 9 watt LED bulbs to replace your 60 watt bulbs for immediate savings now! uses 80% less energy than 60 Watt Incandescent Bulbs.
- DIRECT REPLACEMENT LED bulbs to replace incandescent, halogen, and CFL lamps. 9W LED bulb replaces 60W bulb. Sengled A19 LED light bulb Soft white 2700K and daylight 5000K color temperatures for your choice.
- 25,000 HOURS & INSTANT ON - Sengled LED light bulb lasts at least 22 years if used 3 hours per day. No more light bulb changes. No waiting to warm up like CFL bulbs and HIGH CRI of 83+ means brilliant realistic colors. Operates down to -4 degrees F.
- NON-DIMMABLE - General use Sengled LED light bulbs for table lamps, floor lamps, desk lamps, recessed housing, can, retrofit, ceiling fan, vanity, bathroom, living room, kitchen, track, and anywhere in home or commercial use. Sengled LED A19 Light Bulb is for non connected use only.
Sengled Element Plus Tunable
Tunable Bulbs have heat sensors that set the lighting according to the light temperature. So, no worries if you do not have different sockets for different bulbs. One will do the trick.
- Flexible Set-Up: Pair the bulb directly to a compatible hub, like Sengled Smart Hub (B07HKSTLB5), SmartThings, and Alexa devices with built-in hubs.
- Simple Smart Lighting: Turn lights on and off, dim and brighten, and more. Use the Sengled Home app (iOS/Android) when connected to a Sengled Smart Hub.
- Voice Control: Works with Alexa and Google Assistant devices for complete voice control. Connection to a compatible hub required.
- Set the Mood: Choose from thousands of whites (soft white to daylight / 2700K - 6500K). Lights will automatically turn to the last setting used when turned back on.
- Create Scenes and Routines: Set scenes, change color temperatures or put your lights on a schedule, whether at home or away.
Sengled Pulse LED
With build-in 13-watt JBL loudspeakers, the Sengled Pulse LED Smart Bulb is one step taken ahead for a home stereo or a disco party. These bulbs fit E26 light sockets and can connect with seven alike Pulse Bulbs for a home theatre feel.
- STREAM EFFORTLESSLY: Bluetooth speaker connects with Amazon Echo & Echo Dot for voice control; ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn and SiriusXM
- EASY SET UP: install into standard E26 light sockets or fixtures, download the iOS/Android app and set up; Suitable for 5 to 6 inch recessed can lighting (socket extender required for 4 inch)
- HIGH FIDELITY SOUND: 13 watt (at 8 ohms) loudspeakers perform as left right stereo pair
- APP CONTROLLED: stream audio, adjust the volume and set light brightness from your iOS or Android devoice
- WHOLE HOME MUSIC: link up to eight (master and seven satellites) bulbs for sound everywhere; bulbs work best up to 100 feet apart
Sengled Smart LED with wi-fi Booster
This can eliminate the issue of dead spots and weak signals. Using this Smart LED Bulb, users can get upto 100 additional feet of wi-fi signal to any E26 light socket with a near line of sight.
- Extend your wi fi: Repeat existing wi fi and increase the range by upto 100 feet
- Easy installation: Twist into any standard e26 light socket; No wires required
- Simple connection: Works with your existing home router or gateway to boost your internet
- App control: Use the ios or android app to dim the light and control wireless settings
- Energy Saving: LED bulbs use 80 percent less energy than incandescent lights and last for 25,000 hours (20 years)
Sengled LED with SmartSense Security Floodlight Bulb
Bulb and security? Not much of a combination, right? Wrong! The LED Floodlight bulb has a built-in motion sensor that detects any movement within its 30 feet visual field.
The bulb is based on Smartnese technology and has a camera lens to record any activity during the day or when there is some motion detected.
The waterproof bulb is very user friendly with a hands-free style of operation. Video storage on the cloud is also available, with both free and paid options.
- PIR Motion Sensor: High quality PIR infrared sensor is installed in the motion sensor bulb, no matter during the day or night, as long as the detector detects an object moving within its sensing range, especially warm objects as people, animals and cars, the bulb will light up automatically.
- 90 Seconds & 30 Feet: The light remains illuminated for 90 seconds after motion is detected. The light will automatically illuminate when motion is detected within 30 feet.
- Use as an Ordinary Bulb: Deactivate motion sensor to use as regular bulb via switch. Quickly flip the light switch: ON-OFF-ON. Double click can turn off or turn on motion detection.
- Energy Saving & Eye Protection: The LED bulb rated to last 25,000 hours, using only 0.2W of energy while in standby. 2700K soft white brings you a bright night with CRI 90, which closely equals to nature sunlight.
- Usage Occasion: This motion sensor light bulb compatible with any standard E26 socket, actually there are too many places that can use this home security bulb, we would suggest using it in your garage, stair, hallway, bathroom, front door, storage room, closet, balcony, gate, etc.
What if the Sengled Element Hub goes Offline?
You can follow the following procedures to bring the singled Element Hub Online:
- Power of the Hub by removing the cable and then plug it back and check if it is back online.
- Try bringing the Hub close to the router as the reason may be weak signaling between the two.
- If the first to methods proved to be of no use, then try connecting the Hub and router with an Ethernet Cable. This will allow both to communicate directly.
- After all these procedures, if the Hub is still offline, then you must contact customer care.
Trouble Connecting the Sengled bulb with the Sengled Element Hub?
The following procedure may help:
- The trouble could be due to multiple connections that result in deregulatory signaling. Try moving the bulb closer to the Hub to increase the strength of the signal.
- Make sure that your wi-fi is running at 2.4 GHz and is correctly connected to all the devices.
- Try switching your bulb on and off a few times.
- Reset the Hub if none of the above were helpful.
Sengled dispenses a wide range of smart light bulbs which will connect to a compatible hub easily. Using a hub will make the device control smoother and even stylish. You can choose from multiple hub options given above.
The Amazon Echo Plus is a smart choice that comes with a voice command feature with a famous and youth’s favorite AI, Alexa. But with technology comes glitches, and some of them are very commonly experienced by most of the users. We tried to cover them one by one in the guide, and we hope it helped you in some way.
Write for us
Are you an expert in Home IoT devices or home decor/Improvement? Check our home improvement guest post Page, to learn how you can become a Storyteller and publish a 500-word article on EmptyLightHome.