Ring doorbell is a new, smart device that allows you to see what’s in front of your door. You can use Ring Doorbell with your smartphone to stream video, but is it possible to see Ring Doorbell video on your TV? Can Ring Doorbell Show on my TV? The Answer Is Yes! Currently, Ring Video Doorbell 2, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, and Ring Video Doorbell Elite allows you to stream video directly on any Television with a Fire TV Stick.
You can also view your Ring Doorbell On some Samsung TV models without Fire TV Stick with the help of the SmartThings app. Not only this, but you can also use your Echo device with your Ring Doorbell to make the process more enjoyable. However, the original Ring Doorbell is still not compatible with this feature.
No products found.
What’s Required for Viewing Video from Ring Doorbell Pro
Ring doorbell Pro is compatible with sure Samsung Smart TV and with Fire TV or Fire TV Stick compatible Smart TV. If you use a Samsung device, then you additionally required the SmartThings app that allows you to add devices with your Samsung devices.
Compatible Ring Devices
Currently, These Devices are compatible to use with your TV.
- Ring Doorbell 2
- Ring Doorbell Pro
- Ring Doorbell Elite
Compatible Smart TVs
Samsung Smart TVs
Some limited models are compatible with Ring Devices, and additionally, you need SmartThing apps to connect devices with your Samsung smart TV.
No products found.
Fire TV Stick Compatible TVs
You can use Ring Doorbell with any Smart TV which supports Fire TV stick. You just need to connect Ring Doorbell With Alexa app and Fire TV Stick to start viewing.
Fire Edition TVs
Some TVs come with preinstalled Alexa and Fire TV compatibility. You can connect your Ring Doorbell with Fire Edition TV’s very quickly. Overall if you have Samsung Smart TV, then you don’t need to buy separate Fire TV Stick to connect it with Ring Doorbell. However, if you don’t have one, then you can use Fire TV Stick to show videos on other brands of smart TVs
No products found.
How to Use Ring Doorbell with Your Samsung Smart TV
Ring doorbell can be used with certain Samsung TVs that allow you to see outsiders when they ring the bell or when motion is detected in front of Ring Doorbell. To view outsiders, you need to connect the Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Samsung’s SmartThings App.
However, the Original Ring Doorbell and Ring Doorbell 2 are still not compatible with the SmartThings app. So if you want to use Ring Product with Samsung’s TVs, then we suggest you buy Ring Doorbell Pro. Here are the necessary steps to connect your Ring Doorbell Pro with Samsung Smart TV-
- First of all, Download the Samsung SmartThings App.
- Now Install and Open the App.
- Go To the Devices Tab and Click On Add Device > Add Device Manually.
- Scroll Down and Select The Doorbells > Ring
- Now login with your Ring Account credentials.
- That’s It! You completed all the steps, and you will be able to view live video streams from your Doorbell camera.
Which Ring Model is Compatible With SmartThings App
Ring Doorbell Pro is compatible with the SmartThings Video app. The SmartThings app supports in 2018 Samsung smart TVs (models NU7400 and above), 2019 Samsung smart TVs (RU7400 and above), and 2020 Samsung smart TVs (TU8500 and above). Source – Samsung support
No products found.
How to Use Ring Doorbell with Fire TV Stick
If you don’t have a Samsung Smart TV but still want to use Ring Doorbell, then a simple Fire TV Stick will do the job for you. No matter which brands TV you are using, you just need to add the Fire TV Stick with your TV, and you are good to go.
Fire TV Stick is an amazon product that plugs into your TV, and it makes your TV a streaming media player. The remote of Fire TV Stick comes with Built-in Alexa that allows you to add other amazon devices with your TV such as Echo devices. You can use the Fire TV Stick as a receiver to view from your Ring Video Doorbell. On the advanced side, you can connect your Fire TV Stick with your Echo device to use Ring Doorbell with your voice command. Here is how to set up your Ring Video Doorbell with Fire TV Stick-
- First of all Download the Alexa app. (Leave if you have already)
- Now click on the Hamburger menu of the top left corner.
- After that, select the Skill & Games from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the search button and Type Ring Skill in it.
- After finding the Ring, app, click on the “Enable to use” button to add the skill to your Alexa devices.
- Now you need to add Ring account credentials.
- Finally, click on Sign in tab to authorize the access.
That’s it! After following the above steps, you will get a message saying that you have successfully linked the two devices. You can go to the Discover Devices tab to confirm it. You can use your voice command to see the view from Ring Doorbell Pro.
Note: Make sure to use the same Amazon account in your Fire TV Stick and Alexa app; otherwise, you will not be able to use Ring Video Doorbell.
To watch from your Ring Doorbell, you need to press the Alexa button in your Fire TV Stick remote and use the command- Alexa, Show me the front door. However, if you connect the Fire TV Stick with your Amazon Echo Device, then you don’t need to use the remote every time for the view from your front door. Here is how you can connect the Echo device with your Fire TV Stick to view from the Ring Doorbell Camera.
How to Setup Ring Doorbell with Echo Device
No products found.
Isn’t it interesting to see what’s happening in your front door with just your voice commands? By connecting your Echo device with Fire TV and Ring Doorbell, you will be able to watch outside of your house with your voice commands. Here is how to get started with this.
- First of all, you need to link the Echo device with Fire TV.
- Now Open the Alexa App and Go To Settings > TV & Audio > + Fire TV > Manage Device > Add A Device
- After that, select the Fire TV that you want to connect with your Echo and click on Link Device.
Note: One Echo can control one Fire, but multiple Echo devices can control one Fire.
- Once you are done with the setup, you can tell Alexa to show you the front door, and it will show you the front door on your TV, which was connected with Fire TV.
Fire TV and Ring Doorbell Alexa Commands
- Alexa, show the front door
- Alexa, hide the front door
- Alexa, go home
- Alexa, play the last event from the front door
- Alexa, pause
- Alexa, answer the front door (Now you can talk with the outsider)
Connection Issue with Your Ring Door Bell
Some Times you Ring doorbell does not work correctly with your Smart TV. Here is some possible reason for the same.
- Your Network Connection may not be working correctly.
- Your Network modem is far away from your Ring Door Bell or your Smart TV.
- Your Smart TV is not connected with the Wi-Fi Connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can We Connect Ring Doorbell with your Computer?
There is no direct way to use Ring Doorbell on your PC. However, you can install any Android emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox player to use the Ring Video app on your computer.
- Download any android emulator.
- Install Ring Video app in it.
- Connect it with your Ring Doorbell, and you will be able to view it from your Ring Doorbell camera.
Can We Connect Ring Doorbell with Any Smart TV?
This Question does not have a suitable answer. Some Smart TVs directly support Ring Door Bell connection, whereas other smart TVs require Fire TV Stick to use Ring Doorbell. A Variety of Smart TV Comes with Inbuilt Fire TV and Alexa, which allow you to easily connect your Ring Doorbell without any external device such as Fire TV Stick. You can read this post from start to know the complete steps.
Is it necessary to have Fire TV Stick for connecting Ring doorbell with Smart TV?
If you have Fire TV enabled TV or Samsung Smart TV that supports Ring Doorbell, then you don’t need the Fire TV Stick. However, if you have other brands TV and you still want to connect Ring Doorbell with it, then you need Fire TV Stick.
So this is it. I hope you understand the process of connecting your Ring Doorbell with your Smart TV. By following the mentioned steps, you will be able to connect the Ring Doorbell with any Smart TV. However, you are facing problems in connection then you can comment below with the error you’re getting, and we will solve it as soon as possible.
Write for us
Are you an expert in Home IoT devices or home decor/Improvement? Check our home improvement submit a guest post Page, to learn how you can become a Storyteller and publish a 500-word article on EmptyLightHome.