The Ring is a security hinged company that manufactures Wi-Fi-enabled doorbells to supplement safety and ease of control. These doorbells have built-in Motion Sensors, IR Night Vision Cameras, Internet Connectivity, and smartphone application moderated control functions, which makes them more than just a doorbell. Because of these starling features, these doorbells have made their way into many homes and buildings.
Also, we know that every other person has some thermostat device in their homes. For a quick explanation, A Thermostat is a heat-sensitive, temperature monitoring system that can modify the ambient temperature as desired. The Thermostat controls heating and cooling devices at your homes and regulates them by adjusting the flow of water and other heat transfer fluids inside these devices.
The question is, are Ring Doorbells compatible with the Thermostat device? And the answer is, Yes, they are. One can come up with a plethora of ways to connect Ring with a thermostat.
Does Ring manufacture its Thermostats?
No, Ring does not themselves manufacture any Thermostats or have a third-party partnership with any company. But this fact does not come in the way of linking the Ring device with other thermostats.
There are multiple different ways to get the job done. One can also connect Ring with the Nest system using a hub like Amazon Echo plus or Google Home. There is an advantage of the voice command feature that is supplement by AIs like Alexa and Google Assistant.
Which Thermostat works with Ring Doorbell?
Three thermostats are most compatible with Ring. But note that all the following thermostats work only with Ring Doorbell 2 device. These are:
The smart Thermostat has an additional Escobee room sensor that not only has heat sensors but also motion sensors to detect any movement or activity going on in the field range of the sensor.
The idea behind the room sensors is to widen the range of the heat sensing ability of the device. If the Thermostat is present in only one room, then you can install motion sensors in others to prevent a difference in their cooling or heating. Otherwise, going from one room to another could feel very uncomfortable.
- SAVE MONEY: Homeowners save up to 23% annually on heating or cooling costs, plus ecobee pays for itself in under 2 years (compared to a hold of 72 degrees).
- ROOM SENSORS: Place them in the rooms that matter the most and have the temperature balanced throughout your whole home. Measuring both occupancy and temperature, sensors signal your ecobee Smart Thermostat to automatically switch to the right mode for comfort when you’re home or for savings when you’re not. One Room Sensor included, 2-pack sold separately
- EASILY INSTALL YOURSELF: It only takes about 30 minutes, thanks to an easy to follow installation guide and an in-app step-by-step walkthrough. Everything you need comes in the box, including a Power Extender Kit for homes with no common wire (C-wire). Compatibility- Gas, oil, electric, dual fuel, Conventional (2H/2C), Heat Pump (4H/2C), Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Ventilator, HRV or ERV
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Easily adjust your thermostat from wherever you are using your iOS (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch) or Android device. The ecobee mobile app is available in the App Store or on Google Play. Works with: Apple Homekit, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more.
- BUILT-IN ALEXA: Control your thermostat using your voice with built-in Alexa. Ask to play music, hear the news, set a timer, adjust the temperature, and so much more. Wifi connectivity is ieee 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz. Tip-make sure your HVAC panel is fully closed. Some systems will not turn on if the cover panel has not been closed properly.Voltage Type:Line Voltage
Carrier Cor 5C Thermostat
This is a programmable, zoning panel compatible device that has proper comfort management. The Carrier Cor 5C Smart Thermostat can connect to a Wi-Fi network and can be moderated by a free company provided app. The device will update you on its regular activities by sending notifications on the smartphone.
- Full-color touch screen with photo upload capability
- Intuitive, on-screen prompts
- Local weather 5-day forecast
- Occupancy sensing to automatically select comfort or energy saving system settings
- Remote access via Internet as well as Apple and Android smartphone or tablet devices
Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat
It is high tech, a square-shaped device with a touchscreen interface and a sleek black finish. The Honeywell Lyric T5 is a budget alternative to a high-priced Lyric Round but with a more stylish look. Along with Ring, it is compatible with a broad range of other hardware, like single- and multi-stage heating and cooling systems, heat pumps, geothermal and hot-water heating, and gas fireplaces.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Product requires C-Wire, unit will not work without it.
- Control your Smart Home with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) and Apple HomeKit with voice control using Siri, the Apple voice assistant
- 7-Day Flexible Scheduling or Location Based Temperature control (GeoFencing). Uses geofencing technology to keep track of your smart phone's location;Auto changeover: The Lyric T5 smart thermostat can be set to determine if the home's system should be in heating or cooling mode to provide maximum comfort
- Adaptive recovery learns how long it takes to achieve the right temperature at the right time and automatically runs your system to get to your desired temperature when you want it, with auto change from heat to cool
What are Some Other Thermostats That Work with Ring?
There are some more to the list of thermostats that connect to the Ring devices. These are mentioned below:
Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat
This device glows and changes light with the change in temperature. It also tracks humidity and provides you with actual numbers. The large touchscreen also has flexible lighting options.
The Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi heat-sensing device comes with a free Sensi installable app that walks you through the step-by-step process of DIY installation. The device has a rapid installation procedure because of its traditional Thermostat design. The terminal ends light up for better visibility, and you do not even need a screwdriver.
- SAVE ABOUT 23% ON HVAC ENERGY*: By adjusting the temperature using flexible scheduling, remote access, and geofencing, Sensi customers saved about 23% on HVAC energy usage
- MOST INSTALL IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS**: Use the built-in level, illuminated easy-click terminals and step-by-step app instructions for a quick installation. Skip any extra work painting or patching the wall thanks to the standard thermostat size.
- SMART HOME COMPATIBLE: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and Samsung SmartThings smart home platforms.
- USAGE REPORTS: Monitor current day and historical heating, cooling and fan runtimes right in the app.
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Remotely control your home comfort from your smartphone or tablet using the Sensi mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
Lennox iComfort E30 Smart Thermostat
This is a versatile device that connects with any Google Assistant Device. You can also program your Lennox iComfort Thermostat with “If This, Then That (IFTTT)” app and manage it according to your daily schedule. In case you are in the Apple ecosystem, then this option is best for you, and the Lenox thermostat can also be controlled with the Apple Homekit with Siri.
- Feels Like Setting: Similar to the “Feels Like” temperature in a weather report, this takes into account temperature and humidity, making your home feel exactly like you want
- Allergen Defender: Monitors the air quality and pollen levels in your local zip or postal code and automatically turns the system fan on as needed to clean your home’s air.
- Perfect Temp: Allows you to set the ideal temperature. The system then automatically adjusts heating and cooling to maintain that setting
- Smart Away Mode: Uses the location services in your smartphone to detect when you’re leaving, and automatically changes the temperature to a more energy-efficient setting.
- Alexa Integration: The iComfort E30 smart thermostat is an Amazon Alexa-enabled, smart-home-compatible thermostat. It works with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Tap devices allowing the homeowner to ask Alexa to adjust the temperature.
Johnson Controls GLAS Smart Thermostat
This translucent, touchscreen, 5.9-inch OLED device is the most cooling Thermostat among all others. It is like a showpiece more than a heat sensor. Not just moderating the room temperature, the Johnson GLAS Smart Thermostat also displays information on your home’s climate.
The device has built-in Microsoft Cortana voice assistants for a smooth hands-free experience. But one can even link Alexa or Google Assistant by using Amazon Echo or Google Home, respectively.
The Thermostat can measure air quality and humidity. With all these unique and fresh features, the device falls short in-app experience and distant control. The app is slow, there is no remote sensor support, installing the equipment is a tedious task, and the cherry on top is that the cost is very high. The overall software performance is not satisfactory, and Nest and Escobee are way better than Johnson Controls in this area, but yes, the hardware is robust.
- Indoor air quality monitoring including humidity, total VOCs and equivalent CO2
- Outdoor air quality reporting including allergens, air quality index and UV index. Compatability GLAS can control the following types of split or packaged units- Conventional, single stage up to 2H/2C, Heat pump, up to 2H/2C/2 Aux Heat. GLAS is compatible with the following HVAC configurations- Gas Heat, Oil Heat,Electric Heat,Ground-, Air-, and Water-source heat pumps, Dual-fuel support for Heat Pump
- Works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Beautiful user interface and a translucent OLED touchscreen
- Program your own schedule or allow GLAS to do it for you using the integrated occupancy sensor to create a comfortable space when you are at home
Lux Kono Smart Thermostat
Having full Compatibility with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri, the Lux Kuno Smart Thermostat is a budget-friendly choice. The hardware is sleek, with multiple home integration options.
But the deal-breaker is the taxing installation process. You need to adjust everything from a single knob that may make you question your decision to buy a Lix Kono Thermostat. Though this device is not the best choice out there, it is worth the mention.
The Ring devices can work with Alexa because Amazon acquired Ring in 20118. That is why you can link the Ring Doorbell and almost all the Thermostats using the Amazon Echo Plus Hub technology. Alexa is a speech recognition and voice command control system that gives a hands-free automation control.
The Echo Plus device can connect to multiple smart devices at once and sends out a signal to coordinate their functioning. You can also control the devices through the Alexa app on your smartphone. Make sure that all the devices are linked with the same Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz) to ensure smooth operation.
- SMART THERMOSTAT: The KONO Smart Thermostat uses the Cloud to work with major voice assistants including Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
- GEOFENCING: The KONO Smart has Home & Away Aware geofencing to automatically control your home comfort using proximity awareness
- COST EFFECTIVE: Comes with a smart scheduling system to estimate utility costs
- COMPATIBILITY: Use with forced air, gas, oil, electric furnaces (up to 2H/1C) and A/C units with "C" wire connection
- APPS: Free IOS and Android apps are available for the Kono to assist with easy scheduling and remote access to adjust temperature, schedule and fan COMPONENTS: Includes Kono units, wall plate (5.5" W x 5.5" H) and installation hard ware
How to Connect Video Foorbells with Smart Thermostats?
The Ring has not yet integrated any software within their tech to incorporate working with smart Thermostats. But there is one system that is an intelligent home system that dispenses the feature of connecting video doorbell and smart thermostats. We are talking about none other than the Nest system by Google.
How to Add Nest and Ring to Amazon Echo?
You can add Nest and Ring to the Echo device by using the Alexa app. Follow this procedure:
- Download and Install the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphones or tablets.
- Open the App.
- Head over to the menu bar in the corner.
- You will be diverted to a menu list.
- Select “Smart Home.”
- Now select “Your Smart Home Skills” on the Smart Home bar.
- Tap “Enable Smart Home Skills.”
- Find and select the Nest and Ring devices that are installed at your home from the Smart Home list.
- Enable both devices.
- The app will ask for your Ring and Nest Account details to connect it to the Alexa account.
- After connecting the accounts, you can give voice commands.
- Give the following command: “Alexa, discover my devices.”
- After buffering for about 10 seconds, the new member will appear on the Smart Home devices list on the app.
- And you are all done.
How to Add the Nest and Ring to Google Home?
You can add Nest and Ring to the Echo device by using Google Assistant. Follow this procedure:
- Download and install the Google Home app on your phone.
- Go to the “Menu” on the upper left corner of Homescreen.
- Then tap on “Home Control.”
- Click “+” on the “Devices” option in the upper right corner.
- At last, select the devices you want to link.
- Follow the step by step setup procedure on the app.
- Tap “Done”
- Voila, your devices are connected.
Some other methods
Some apps like IFTTT also allow you to connect your devices. It is a freeware web-based assistant that makes a chain of statements called applets. The Ring device and Smart Thermostat can be contacted using the IFTTT app.
A smart step would be to integrate the Ring devices and thermostats with Z-waves. It is a wireless software that is built-in in a device. These waves allow two devices to interact with each other using low energy radio waves if both have the Z-wave signaling ability. But this is a talk of the future and is a question of a potential tech revolution.
As mentioned above, various thermostats work with Ring Doorbell, especially the second model. But to connect these devices, a hub is necessary. For ring devices, the Echo Plus is the best choice as Amazon owns both. Nest System is also an excellent way to connect Ring and thermostats. We walked you through the procedure, and we hope that it helped.
Write for us
Are you an expert in Home IoT devices or home decor/Improvement? Check our home improvement blog write for us Page, to learn how you can become a Storyteller and publish a 500-word article on EmptyLightHome.