Many people have a question in their minds that – Is Simplisafe compatible with Alexa? Yes, it is now compatible with Alexa, however, if you haven’t yet updated your SimpliSafe with the latest software model, then you might not get the feature.
To use Simplisafe with your Alexa, then first, you have to update your Simplisafe with the latest software updates. Not only Alexa Simplisafe has four major integrations such as Google Assistant, Apply Watch, And August Smart Home Device.
What Is Simplisafe?
Simplisafe is one of the most popular Do It Yourself Home Security System. Simplisafe aims to make your home the safest place on earth. It was founded in 2006, and it was the first company to offer people professional-grade monitored home security system.
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes - no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day - No contracts (SimpliSafe products and professional monitoring services are only offered for sale and supported in the US)
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range -- no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
It is not as costly as Ring and available for users at a radically fair price. Currently, Simplisafe protecting over 2 million+ peoples worldwide with their top-notch home security service devices. SimpliSafe’s goal is to make every house safe and secure.
Compatibility With Smart Assistant Devices
When SimpliSafe was launched, it did not allow you to connect other smart assistant devices such as Google Home or Alexa. In starting, it was just a simple home security device to monitor your house professionally. As technology is upgrading rapidly and most of the people want to use smart devices because controlling your devices with voice command is a lot more comfortable than the traditional method.
Now SimpliSafe is compatible with Alexa, and you can connect it very easily with Alexa and other smart voice assistant devices. But before using Alexa with your SimpliSafe, you need to subscribe to their monitoring plan, which costs a monthly fee. However, the monthly fee is very less, and it will make a hole in your wallet.
In just $.83 per day, SimpliSafe offers professional Monitoring along with Live video feeds, in-home climate control, and a lot of more advanced security features. In my personal opinion, SimpliSafe offers far better services than other home security devices, which claim to be the best home security service, providers.
How To Use SimpliSafe With Alexa?
To use SimpliSafe with Alexa, you need to follow the below steps.
- Download the Alexa App on your smartphone or computer.
- Now click on the Hamburger menu of the top left corner.
- After that, select the Skill & Games from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the search button and SimpliSafe Skill in it.
- After finding the SimpliSafe skill, click on the “Enable to use” button to add the skill to your Alexa devices.
- Once enabled, Pair your SimpliSafe with Alexa, and you are to use it with the available commands.
Apart from this, if you ever feel that you don’t need to use Alexa with SimpliSafe home security system anymore, then you can easily revoke the connection. All you need to log in to the app and disable the connection to stop using Alexa with Simplisafe. However, you still need to pay for the monitoring fee until you cancel that.
- Our most popular smart speaker - Now available with an LED display that can show the time, outdoor temperature, or timers.
- Perfect for your nightstand - Ask Alexa to set an alarm. Tap the top to snooze. The light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness, day or night.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Enjoy stereo sound - Pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
Useful Commands To Use Alexa With SimpliSafe
After connecting your SimpliSafe with Alexa, you might be wondering how to use it? Below are some of the useful commands that one can use with Alexa to control your SimpliSafe home security system.
When everyone from your house is going for office, school, or any other work, you can simply say, “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe I’m Leaving.” It will trigger all the alarms and sensors that are available in your house and start monitoring professionally.
SimpliSafe away mode voice commands are-
- “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe to turn on.”
- “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe I’m going out.”
- “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe I’m leaving.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe to arm my system in Away mode.”
When you are at home or going to sleep at night, you can simply say “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe goodnight” and will lock up the smart doors, protects your doors and windows, and start monitoring.
Some of the Home mode voice commands are-
- “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe goodnight.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe to arm my system in Home mode.”
- “Alexa, tell SimpliSafe to lock up.”
Not only this you can also check your home security system any time by saying these following commands-
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe if my home is secure.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe for my current status.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe what’s shakin’.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe if I am protected.”
Benefits Of Using SimpliSafe In Your House
Easy DIY Installation
Simplisafe installation is so easy and doesn’t require any specialized technician to connect it to your house. A person with basic knowledge can install it very quickly.
Low Priced Monthly Subscription
SimpliSafe offers the professionally graded home security system in very less monthly rates. The monthly subscription is very affordable, which will surely attract new customers to use SimpliSafe. It is one of the most recommended home security systems.
Comes with Wireless Technology
SimpliSafe is a portable device and comes with additional different sized gadgets that are paired with SimpliSafe and work wirelessly all over the house. You don’t need to fit cables all over the house to use SimpliSafe. Due to its portable and convenient design, it is ideal for every home, apartment, or residential building.
Offers 60 Days Money Back Guarantee
If you face any problem and if you are not satisfied with SimpliSafe in the first two months of using, then you can simply ask for a refund and SimpliSafe with refund all your money without asking any questions. SimpliSafe wants to make their customers happy and satisfied; that’s why they are offering 60 days money-back guarantee.
Compatibility With Other Devices
SimpliSafe can use with other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and other automated voice apps. You can use it with your smartphone as well as with Google Home, Alexa, Apply Watch, etc. It also comes with a self-monitoring option that makes it more interesting.
Simplisafe Professional Monitoring Plans and Price
The monitoring plan for SimpliSafe starts from $12.99 per month. This plan is required if you want to operate Simplisafe with Alexa. It is the starter package for SimpliSafe its offers excellent benefits. In this Package, SimpliSafe offers many features like:
- 24×7 Monitoring
- Cellular connectivity when Wi-Fi is out
- Live Video from SimpliCa
- In-Home Environmental Changes.
The interactive plan offers many more features compared to the Standard plan. It provides all the features of the standard plan with some additional features which cost a little, but they are worth the extra money. We listed some features of the Interactive Plan.
- In-App Alerts.
- Video Verification.
- Remote control for the security
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I connect SimpliSafe to Alexa?
Yes, SimpliSafe now comes with Home Control Skill for Amazon Alexa, and users can connect the SimpliSafe with Alexa for easy voice control of SimpliSafe security. You can ask Alexa to arm your SimpliSafe home security systems in Home or Away mode.
Does SimpliSafe doorbell work with Alexa?
Yes, SimpliSafe door work with Alexa only when paired with a Simplisafe security system. However, only SimpliSafe doorbell will not interact with other smart devices. To use the SimpliSafe doorbell, you must have to pair it with the SimpliSafe security system and will start recording video when sensor triggers.
What devices work with SimpliSafe?
SimpliSafe is compatible with these below devices-
- Nest (thermostat)
- August (smart door lock)
- Amazon Alexa.
- Google Home.
What security system works best with Alexa?
SimpliSafe works best with Alexa. It is affordable and offers a DIY installation. However, brands like ADT, Vivint, Ring, Frontpoint are also working with Alexa.
- SimpliSafe – Easiest Setup.
- ADT – Best Mobile App Compatibility.
- Vivint – Best Environmental Controls.
- Ring – Best Camera Controls.
- Frontpoint – Best Customer Service.
Is SimpliSafe easily hacked?
SimpliSafe is one of the top-rated Home Security System. But in the present time, there are 100s of home security companies that claim their internet-connected security system offers the best security than traditional services. All security systems are made to safeguard your home from burglars, but if they can hack your Wi-Fi connection, then they can also control SimpliSafe.
Can I monitor SimpliSafe myself?
Yes, you can monitor SimpliSafe yourself. The good thing is that if you self monitor SimpliSafe then you don’t have to pay any monthly fee; however, you will not be able to control your alarms or receive alerts on your smartphone without a subscription. It is recommended to use SimpliSafe with a subscription to get professional monitoring 24/7.
Can I use my camera with SimpliSafe?
Yes, if it is compatible with SimpliSafe, then you can use it. We recommend you use SimpliSafe Doorbell Camera, Indoor Camera, and other devices for the best experience.
So it was the article about how one can connect SimpliSafe with Alexa? We have covered all the steps that help you to connect your SimpliSafe with Alexa as well as with another smart voice assistant. We also covered some frequently asked questions that will clear doubts (if you have any) related to SimpliSafe.
Also, if we missed any command, then you can tell us in the comment section, and we will update the post asap. Apart from this, If you have any queries or suggestions contact in the comment section below, we will be happy to help you.
Write for us
Are you an expert in Home IoT devices or home decor/Improvement? Check our home improvement write for us Page, to learn how you can become a Storyteller and publish a 500-word article on EmptyLightHome.