Smart locks are the most demanded things while building a smart home. Sliding doors available in the home are not available with highly secure locks, and the intruders can easily break its locking mechanism. That is the reason why we use Smart locks along with the sliding doors.
In this short article, we have discussed some of the top-rated locks for the sliding doors and patios and their pros and cons.
How to Pick the Best Sliding Glass Door locks?
We have shortlisted some of the best sliding glass door locks according to the reviews given by the customers itself.
1. Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock: Best for Security
If you are looking for the best security lock, you must go with Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock. The bolts of the Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock are made up of hardened steel of 1 ¾-inch. It has an anti-theft design, including two screws which help in preventing tampering. The installation process of the Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock is relatively easy and clear to understand.
You can only use the original keys of the Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock to lock and unlock. If security is your primary focus, you must go with the Toledo Sliding Glass Door Patio Lock option.
- ✅ TOLEDO PATIO DOOR LOCK WILL STOP BURGLARS FROM GETTING IN : High Grade Quality Sliding Glass Patio Door Lock Also Works On Pocket Doors And Swing Hinged Doors
- ✅ SOLID HARDWARE CONSTRUCTION WITH MODERN STYLING : Secure Heavy Duty Spinning Hardened Steel Bolt For High Bolt Cutter And Hacksaw Resistance
- ✅ EASY - ADAPTABLE INSTALLATION : Tested For Effective Surface Mounted Use On Folding Doors, Accordion Doors, Closet Doors, Swing Doors, Windows And Interior Or Exterior Sliding Doors Allowing Door To Be Securely Pinned Or Locked In Ventilating Position
- ✅ TIME PROVEN ANTI THEFT DESIGN : Concealed Screws And 1/2" Diameter And 1 3/4" Deep Security Locking Bolt Prevents Lifting Off Rails
- ✅ GET FREE LOCKSMITH SERVICE & MANUFACTURER LIFETIME WARRANTY : Conveniently Keyed Alike (When Several Are Purchased In Same Order) Bolt Lock With 2 Key Yale Profile Duplicates With Total Quality Backed Purchase
- Keys are included with the lock.
- Made up of resistant material – Boltcutter and Hacksaw
- Comes with additional screws for anti-theft design.
- Advanced installation process.
- No Help manual included.
2. Lion Lock: Best for Easy Installation
If you are looking for a lock with the most effortless installation process, you must choose the Lion locks that take only a few seconds to install. There are no requirements for Drill holes and any other tools. These locks are excellent choices for those who are living temporarily in a house.
The installation process requires tightening two simple screws and a rubber grip that is being clung on your door and attaches to it.
In the pack, there are ten Lion Locks that can also be used on your windows and other doors.
- These slider locks will fit along a track that is up to 3/16 inches wide. They will also fit without the rubber on a track that is up to 3/8 inches wide
- These slider locks are perfect for patio doors, sliding glass doors, sliding windows etc
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction, Inner vinyl lining prevents scratching damage
- Additional gripping power securely locks window in closed or ventilating position
- Easy installation with no tools required. Utilizes double thumbscrews to mount on window or sliding door track
- Affordable by everyone
- Super easy to install
- Ten packs of locks inside one.
- Easily removable from inside
- Unstable for heavy windows
3. OKEFAN Baby Safety: Best for Baby Proofing
The OKEFAN Baby Safety locking system is smart to keep the children away from outside areas such as the pool, tubs, etc. The OKEFAN Baby Safety is a superficial peel to stick the device attached to your sliding doors or cabinets.
It is made up of plastic, that’s why it doesn’t provide as much security as others, but if you want to save the little members of your family, then the OKEFAN Baby Safety is the right choice for you.
- CHILD PROOF SAFETY DEVICE – Keep valuable belongings from young child proof sliding door or hung window with durable and effective lock. This kid stopper has been proven to withstand the pulls and tugs of babies and children, keep doors and windows opened in safe!
- SAFE DESIGN – Unlike other sliding glass door lock, this sliding door child lock is installed beside door shelf and works once double buttons pressed simultaneously, which stops the door slided and passed each other. This lock is off to press the locking cover for unlock condition!
- STRONG DURABILITY – Never worry about sliding window locks broken with high quality ABS plastic, stainless steel spring and strong 3m adhesive tap. The 3M window lock will not lose effectiveness or power even when you routinely open and shut your hung windows every day!
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION – Installing sliding door lock has never been this easy, no drilling tools needed! Simply clean the working area for this lock, peel off 3M tape and stick this device onto the desired location of sliding doors for your patio, closet, cabinet as well sliding window!
- DURABLE LASTING WORK - We know that patio glass door lock will work perfect. In case that you are not satisfied with this sliding door stopper, It is welcome to let us know any time and the helpful solution will be provided in 12 hours. A good safe gift for the kids to get great benefits!
- Easy installation process
- Comes with attractive colors
- Relatively easy for the parent but not for kids
- Quite Bigger for small sliding doors
- Made up of plastic
4. BK110 Security Bar: Best Security Bar
One of the best security locks comes in the form of a bar, but it is quite complex to install this security lock. The BK110 fits horizontally onto your door on the sliding portion, and when you want to open the door, you must lift the bar and put it on the other side of the door.
The BK110 also comes with a childproof tab, which makes lifting the bar quite heavy with the little fingers. It helps block the intruder out of your home.
- The best sliding door security bar according to Business Insider!
- Includes our new childproof Anti-Lift Lock
- ADJUSTABLE: Easily slides from 25. 75” to 47. 5” to for easy installation without cutting. Lets you leave the door partially open while still being secured.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION ON MOST PATIO DOORS: Install on either the inside or outside track (see instructions for more details). Please watch the installation video before purchase to be sure it will work with your door
- NOT A PRESSURE-MOUNTED BAR: Pressure-mounted bars can shake loose and fall. The SK110 patio door security bar and saddle are screwed into the door frame and profile, providing reliable protection
- Quite Affordable
- Comes with childproof tab
- Easily adjustable
- Complex Installation process
- Loosens after some time
5. LockiT Double Bolt Sliding Door Security Lock: Best Secondary Lock
If you want to increase the security of the existing lock coming with the sliding doors, you must go with the LockiT Double Bolt Sliding Door Security Lock.
The LockiT Double Bolt Sliding Door Security Lock requires some drilling for its installation process. Also, the user manual of the installation process is included with the lock. So, you do not find any issues regarding the installation.
- This high-security patio door deadbolt lock helps prevent forced entry
- Use this safety locking hardware to keep the bad guys out and the little ones in. This security device also acts as a child-safety device when mounted out of the reach of small children, and from a distance it can easily be determined if the lock bolts are engaged or disengaged with the keeper bracket
- The lock body and keeper bracket are constructed of extruded aluminum and come in a white painted finish
- The double-action lock bolts are constructed of solid steel and penetrate 1-inch deep into the top and bottom of the keeper bracket
- Adds increased security to your home to help thwart would-be home invaders from breaching vulnerable entry points
- Easy installation process
- No height foundation for the installation process
- Requires drilling
Things to Consider while Buying Smart Locks for Sliding Doors and Patios
Cost of the locks – One of the crucial factors while buying locks as some costly locks provides more security, which means that the higher the price, the higher the security. But several locks are available at a low price and offer minimal security.
Size of the locks – You should take care of the size of the locks and choose the best one which best fits on your doors.
Style and design – You can choose the style and design which are best suited for your doors. There are numerous different styles of locks available for sliding doors and patios.
Security level – It is the most important factor considered while buying a lock for the doors as security is the priority for everyone. The high level of security locks keeps the intruders away.
Ease of Installation – If you are looking to buy a lock, this factor is a must. It would be best if you always looked for those locks which are easy to install. The lock must come with the instruction manual, which helps you to fit the lock from yourself.
Quality of locks – You should always invest in high-quality locks made by recognized manufacturers because avoiding the qualities results in compromising security.
Q1. Which is the best lock for a sliding glass door?
Choosing the best lock for your smart sliding door mainly depends upon the situation, whether it fits there or not. If you want high security, you must go with a secure lock that can be locked and unlocked by keys because those locks that come with keys are secure and hard to break.
Sometimes adding more than one lock at a time can add more security to your home.
Q2. Are there smart locks available for sliding glass doors?
Many smart locks are available for the smart doors and patios, but they are quite expensive. For example, Padiolok is a smart keyless lock that uses Numpad and passcode to lock and unlock, and it costs $200.
Q3. What to do when the locks break?
These smart locks are secure, but they get bent after usage and prone to break. If the door lock brakes, the best solution available is to replace it.
It would help if you started by unscrewing the lock and then remove the handle from the door. After removing the lock, you must look for the bent in the latch; if it is too bent, you will have to purchase a new one.
As we have discussed some of the best locks for the smart doors and patios and provide you a brief detail about all of them. You can choose any one of them which suits your needs.
If you find this article useful, do not forget to share it once, and if you have any doubts/questions regarding the topic, do not forget to paste it in the comment section below. We will try our best to solve all your queries.
Write for us
Are you an expert in Home IoT devices or home decor/Improvement? Check our seo + “write for us” Page, to learn how you can become a Storyteller and publish a 500-word article on EmptyLightHome.